Monday, November 3, 2008

I have NEWS!!!

And while its not nearly as exciting as Domesticrazy's recent news, I'm thrilled to tell you that boy and I are OFFICIALLY homeowners as of Saturday. It has been a long road . . . I haven't done much talking about it on the blog but let it suffice to say that if there ever were a Purple Heart for patience with the mortgage industry, boy and I deserve a pair of those medals. AND a bag of chips. Each.

The last five months have been trial by fire, but the fact that boy and I still want to get married makes me pretty confident that we'll stay married. I know our lives aren't going to be a neverending stream of cavorting around building things for the house out of twigs and hot glue, like in some HGTV show. Trust me, I haven't assigned any magical fantasies to our home ownership. But we just went though HELL, and I'm sort of glad we've been tested and are still standing. I know, as a couple, we're pretty handy in a crisis. Thats a good thing to know.

So . . . weekend roundup: OMG SO FREAKING BUSY! I did LOTS of jewelry making, boy and I bought and put together a little china cabinet for our dining room (hooray for my grandmother's crystal NOT being in boxes!), I went to my best friend from first grade's 30th birthday party (wrap your mind around THAT one!) and boy and I (I THINK!) found our wedding rings! How was your weeekend?

6 comments:

Domesticrazy said...

OH CONGRATS! House buying is right up there with getting an enema, but the results of the house buying are SO much better.

Sorry to give you that image.

I'm so happy for you guys!

Jane said...

Congratulations! I may email you for realtor recommendations!

What general neighborhood? Will we still shop at the same Joannes? :)

HollyLynne said...

Thanks guys!!! Jane, yes, its the same place we've been living in actually, we just own it now :) Because of how things worked out we didn't deal with any realtors, but good luck to you with finding one!

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new place!!!!

Beans said...

WOOO HOOO
As long as your not living next to his parents your one up on me.

HollyLynne said...

HA! No, Beans, we aren't . . . all of our parents are safely stowed a minumim of 8 miles away (Hi mom!) :D