Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hey! Wanna talk about a bag I made like 3 months ago?


OK, great! Seriously, I don't know how I missed posting this baby but somehow I did . . . I'm not even carrying it regularly anymore, thats how long ago I made it! Sometime over the summer I found myself a big fat upholstery fabric sale at an antique furniture and re-upholstery shop. I bought 3 different toile prints thinking they'd look great mixed in one bag. I picked two for the outside of this bag and lined with one of my favorite fabrics (Wuthering Heights its called . . . its the background for my business cards and my Etsy banner!). I did the bag corset style. I LOVE making corset bags! Fidgety but in an easy, not challenging way.

In other news . . . I'm sure you guys were all DYING to hear about my sinuses, right? Well, great! There is news to report! I've been doing this totally gnarly sinus rinsing thing every few nights and guess what? I haven't needed ANY DRUGS in weeks! Thrilling, I know.

Annnnddd . . . boy and I are the proud new owners of two shiny wedding rings! We bought them on Saturday and they're perfect and I cannot freaking wait to wear mine. In less than four months. EEK!

5 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Wedding rings! How exciting! Mine is plain and simple but I'm very happy to be wearing it :) 4 months will be here before you know it!

Melissa said...

That's a beautiful bag! You are so good at making things :)

Congrats on your wedding rings!! 4 months to go .. Wow! How you feeling? lol,

Jane said...

So, you found a neti pot! I haven't used one before, strangely, I have been reading about them on several blogs. LOL!

The bag is great!

I have a funny ring story. I was on the phone with my mother in law before work just a few days before my wedding. She asked me if I had tried on my ring just for fun. Well I hadn't and of course I was tempted right then and there at 6 am! It was a very hot humid NJ day. And the ring stuck!! I had to soap it and ice it... I barely made it to work on time! Turns out they had sized my ring wrong and it was a full size too small! A local shop was able to fix it, but can you imagine if I went to the Bahamas like that!

Domesticrazy said...

Nice bag, man. It's so exciting that you got your rings! It's really gonna happen...what a great feeling.

I'm glad your sinuses are feeling better. I might be trying one of them there contraptions once the pregnant sinus fiasco starts. Good to know they work!

HollyLynne said...

Oh my gosh, Jane I'm totally picturing your ring getting stuck! Hilarious!!!

My boy won't try his on because he's afriad it'll stick . . . it does fit once its actually on his finger, but he has big knuckles (and totally is NOT used to wearing jewelry. I think this is the first piece he's owned, not even a watch!). When we were buying it he had 3 male jewelers surrounding him trying to coach him in how to take the thing off. I told him "you are't going to be taking it off ever ANYHOW!"

What I have for my sinuses is actually a bottle, not a pot, but its exactly the same idea. This is it: http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php
Dcrazy, its gross and freaky, I'm not gonna lie to you. But I do feel SO MUCH better.