Friday, October 17, 2008

A Winner!

I pulled up the Random Number Generator this morning to pick a contest winner and the lucky girl is . . . LAURA!! Laura's daughter also wins my own personal nod for "best costume idea" . . . she wants to be a SQUARE!!! So creative! Laura, if you read this please email me at hollymix (at) yahoo (dot) com with your shipping info, I'll also comment your blog to let you know you've won.

And now for a solicitation for suggestions. Other cities have Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall . . . in Los Angeles we have "Oh, perhaps I need a light cardigan!" followed by "Pollen so thick you can't see more than 10 feet in front of you", followed by "HOT AS THE SUN" followed by "Dry and on fire". Currently, we are in "Dry and on fire" which has a SLEW of grave issues and implications, none of which I'm going to go into here, other than to point out that my skin is so parched that I wake up with random peely patches every morning.

I need a moisturizer. I need several, actually. And they need to be spectacular.

I've found a body cream thats almost miraculously effective. And a face mask. And a face cream. And an exfoliant. I use The Body Shop's Vitamin E Face Mist over makeup which helps loads.

I'm really halfway there as far as finding effective products goes. What I do still need though is a good cleanser and a good serum for under my moisturizer (there is only so much any cream can be expected to do . . .I need extra!).

On the cleanser front I've tried Dove's Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser which somehow manages to make my skin MORE dry. Good old Noxema which works great for a week or so then starts to leave build up on my face. And The Body Shop's Vitamin E cleanser which doesn't really seem to "clean" anything. Help?

On the serum front, I've only tried The Body Shop's Vitamin E version , mostly because it was only $20 and the others are so damn expensive I'm afraid to invest! Do you have one you like? One in a normal-ish price range (say, under $40 or so)?

1 comment:

Jane said...

Love me some Mary Kay Timewise cleaner. It comes in different formulas. I personally am "combination." There are tiny exfoliating beads but frankly I can not feel them. Never feel dry tho.