Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pay It Forward


About four months ago, when I was in the midst of moving, Swistle announced a round of Pay It Forward contests and I was DESPERATE to join in but just too busy. It occurred to me the other day though that Swistle still seems to be posting all kinds of updates on these contest thingamiggiers and I WANT IN ON THE FUN, so here it is:

I'm giving away a free pair of handmade sterling silver and freshwater pearl earrings like the pair pictured. The earrings are done with all sterling parts and wire, so they're perfect for sensitive ears. The pearls are dyed a pale dove grey and all 18 of them are individually wire wrapped to a base chain using sterling wire . . . the overall look is a bit like a bunch of grapes. They're a great seller in my Etsy shop, I've even sold a few pairs to brides!

This contest is open to anyone, regular reader or not. Just leave a comment on this post and I'll pick a name at random one week from today and announce the winner on Friday, October 17th. If you're at a loss for what to post as your comment, tell me what you or your little ones are dressing up as for Halloween!

Up this weekend: BOY AND I ARE GOING ON VACATION!!! We're driving up to Joshua Tree for a festival. Two nights in a hotel, lots of bands, perhaps some outlet shopping, sounds like a vacation to me!

16 comments:

TamaliMama said...

My baby just took his first 3 steps about 30 minutes ago!
P.S i am making him a lion costume this weekend for halloween.

Jess

DomestiKook said...

As my sister keeps telling me...Stop Making Things I Like!!
These are gorgeous, but no surprise there. :)
Let's see, I am going as Demeter, the Goddess of the Harvest for Halloween and the Husband is going as a Psychic, AND he is going to tell fortunes. Want your fortune told? What are you doing for Halloween??

Nutsy Coco said...

No little ones for me and I don't know if there will be any costume happenings because my rehearsal dinner is that night. In 3 weeks! Ack! I might throw on my black/orange striped socks and a Halloween shirt though.

Domesticrazy said...

E is going to be Cinderella...wearing a blue silk play dress she loves. Plus she wanted a cape, and picked out black fabric with white skulls that have red, sparkly eyes on one side and a deep blue satin on the other.

I'm going to be Brigid, Goddess of Craft, etc. John is going to be Mario.

Weekend-we're taking the E to Idlewild...an amusement park for kids. She will be riding roller coasters to her happy heart's content.

Beth Fish said...

Those are lovely. I have a 3 year old Ariel and a 8 month old Sebastian.

Beans said...

I am dressing the dog like a devil and the cat an angel.
no seriously i am
well not really but that would be fun.

Beans said...

I am dressing the dog like a devil and the cat an angel.
no seriously i am
well not really but that would be fun.

Heather D. said...

My 9 year old daughter is going to be an evil fairy, my 12 year old son has not yet decided if he is too old to trick or treat.

CAQuincy said...

8-yo dd wants to be a devil. 6-yo ds wants to be a Power Ranger. 4-yo dd wants to be Spiderman!

Maggie said...

I'm going to be my Rock Band 2 character, complete with pink hair, star earings, a polka dot dress and black & white sneakers.

Constance Squared said...

Those earrings are lovely!

I have an almost two year old who will be either a nice witch or a fairy of some sort, with tutu and wings. Depends on what she's in the mood for that day....

Shelly Overlook said...

Here from Swistle and my are those earrings lovely!

My little one will either be a monkey or a pumpkin this year. The monkey costume is actually from last year but was too big at the time and I am kind of over it this year, thus the new pumpkin costume.

Laura said...

I'm here courtesy of Swistle and I am so glad because my lobes are craving that gorgeous bling!

For Halloween my 1 year old son will be dressed as a puppy and my darling 3 year old daughter has wanted to be everything from Ariel to a square. A square, really?

I'm sure that she'll let me know exactly what she decides, exactly one hour before trick or treat.

Brenda said...

My kids are all grown up...but in the past, they have been pumpkins, clowns and Karate Kid.

Love the earrings. :-)

Stacey said...

No kids to dress up, but I'm thinking of dressing the cats up as little goblins! Somehow I doubt their cooperation in my plan, though.

As for me, I'll probably wear something orange and claim to be a pumpkin. I seriously lack any of the creative blood that you are so blessed with.

organicstills said...

Nothing will ever be as good as my boxing nun costume (you remember that one right?!) Halloween crept up on me this year so no costume plans yet, but I know I'll come up with something last minute.