Monday, October 13, 2008

Not really a "nature" person

Boy and I got back late last night from our weekend in Pioneertown, during which I discovered several things:

1) I am a TOTAL FECKING NERD. We went on a short hike through Joshua Tree national park, most of which I spent wiping my nose on my sleeve, popping allergy medication, and trying to keep my glasses from sliding off my face. SEXY!

2) It is FECKING COLD in the desert. Boy and I were huddled in a corner shivering for much of the (FECKING OUTDOOR!) festival. SEE!

Seriously, I was NOT AMUSED by the cold. We left at around 6:30 after Goldrush played and I swear on my life we were HALF WAY HOME before I could fully feel my fingers again.

3) Fortunately, there is very little cold wise that can't be alleviated by Jameson and coffee.

Freezing cold and allergies aside, boy and I had a great time. It was nice to get AWAY, see a bunch of bands and hang out with friends. Also, was nice to eat total crap for three days and not feel guilty about it.







3 comments:

Beans said...

Ok im jealous. Wish we had cool stuff like that where I am. Cleveland sucks.
Glad you had a rockin time!

HollyLynne said...

Well, we did have to drive like 140 miles to get there. Which in LA traffic on Friday took FIVE FARKING HOURS! But yeah, it is nice that we've got so many great places and things to do nearby. You and D-Crazy should come visit! ;)

Domesticrazy said...

You know, we'd love to! I've never been that far west, and she's never been there with me. (I'm more fun than her parents!) If you're ever coming out east, you have two places to stay as well!

We'll let the boy stay, too.