Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Didn't oxidize any sterling last night . . .


. . . but I did make this!!!

I've had a handful of ancient British tribal coins (yep, ANCIENT) in my collection for-EVER but since they're on the fragile side, not to mention small and ANCIENT I was afraid to attempt drilling them. I did try out a wire wrap technique at one point but this was before I discovered sterling wire, which is FAR nicer and also far sturdier than base metal wire.

It occured to me to give it another go last night, this time in sterling. I LOVE the results. What think you guys?

3 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

I think it looks great! The wire wrapping looks nice but still loose and not perfect which I think works great with an ancient coin.

Domesticrazy said...

Gorgeous! I love using sterling wire. It has a nice contrast with the dark coin.

HollyLynne said...

thanks, guys! i for sure wanted the wrapping to look a little primative. and i love the contrast too. I really like how it came out! its nice to do something DIFFERENT sometimes :)