Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A bizarre assortment of highs and lows

Tried my best to look after boy last night. Made him a vitamin drink which he barked that he didn't need. Made him soup which he ignored for an hour and let go cold. Went to bed early in hopes he'd do the same but no. So if he winds up with bird flu / ebola / whooping cough / etc. I'll feel entirely justified to skip around him shouting "NEENER NEENER!!!" for the duration of his illness. JUST SAYING.

I still plan to marry him though, as evidenced by the fact that I BOOKED AN OFFICIANT!!! Her name is Anne and she's a Humanist and we had a lovely talk this morning in which she reccomended a book about designing ceremonies. Its a bit of an unusual situation as she normally at least MEETS the people she's marrying before the wedding date but I ordered the book and I'm confident we'll be able to work things out over the phone and via email. We'll have to! She's in WALES!

On the Etsy front: I sold my first neckwarmer of the season! Am rapidly approaching 500 sales! Made so much jewelry over the last week or so that I more or less CAN'T make anything else for a while for fear of being EATEN ALIVE by beads and coins! Regardless, have just purchased a slew of new pearls, ancient Roman coins and French turn of the century coins! Also, more carnelian!

Who is watching project runway with me tonight? Whos your favorite? I'm leaning towards Jerell. LOVE Leanne's stuff as well but I have a feeling Jerell is going to pull off something spectacular for his final collection.

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Yay for getting an officiant!

I've only seen a few episodes of project runway but I'm thinking Jerell will win it.

Beans said...

as long as its not that whiney dark haired girl that nobody likes. I like all three but I peeked at the pix of fashion week so I already know the garments they made. did you know that there were actually 5 contestants that got to show?! Seriously fashion week was like a month ago and since they didnt want to give away the winner 5 showed. What a jip.