Monday, September 22, 2008

Thrifty Goodness!!!


Over the weekend I accidentally drove by the Salvation Army Thrift Store (drove straight past the hardware store that I meant to go to) and I saw a sign saying "50% off! Grand Opening!". It was NOT in fact the store's grand opening, its been there for months, so I thought the 50% off part might have been a bit dubious as well, but I was happily wrong!

I picked up a Glassbake olive daisies patterned split casserole dish (LOVE the split casseroles, and so easy to find! Maybe people think they aren't useful or something? I mean, yeah, probably NOT so useful to be able to make a casserole in 2 sections, but they're great as serving pieces.). I also found pretty much the coolest mug I'VE ever found at a thrift store (although its totally not as awesome as Refabulous' recent find).


There's a curious little scene going on in the mug, and I'm open to suggestions as to whats actually taking place. I've got 1) Gnomes sneaking up on a squirrel, 2) Squirrel getting manicure from creepy dancing carpenter or 3) Someone's bizarre 70's acid trip. What do you think?

4 comments:

ReFabulous said...

It's the Gnome Cosmetology School, Manicures 101.

I'm so jealous of your find.

Domesticrazy said...

You know, we all see things based on our experiences. As much as I'd like to believe Refabulous, I vote for acid trip. Not that I'd know....

Beans said...

yeah im w. d-crazy definately a trip, but i dont remeber making any kind of mugs, hmmmm

HollyLynne said...

bwah! beans making mugs then not remembering. LOVE IT! :D