Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Spot of Sewing


I had the bug on Sunday, so I thought I'd crank out a new work tote bag for myself. I carry a purse of course, but I've also got a BIG ASS BAG to bring to the office with my wedding binder, my mortgage info (oh, what was that? you thought we'd be done buying the condo by now? HA HA HA HA HA!), a stack of bills, some jewelry and camera memory cards, receipts, lunch, a bottle of water, etc. etc. ad nauseum. You get the picture.

I had a bag that I'd made ages ago but it was feeling a bit small. Also, I wanted a bag that was black and creepy (to match my soul, of course.)

I stopped by Joann and picked up some excellent Halloween spider print cotton and some sturdy black denim and made myself a corset tote. LOVE!

I realized halfway through making the bag that I should have made a MIXED TOILE tote instead, so I'll do that over this weekend perhaps. Never can have enough totes, I say.

On the 30 Day Shred Front . . .I'm plowing on through! Level 1 is starting to feel easy. I've gone up w/ my hand weights from 2 to 3 lbs. I don't want to go higher because my frame is really small (ring size is 4 1/2, remember) and I can get bulky easily, which would completely defeat the purpose. I don't want to move up though until my form on everything is 100% perfect, and the 30 seconds of pushups thing is giving me grief. I can do 10 seconds, then rest, then half-ass the rest. I'm working on it though! And, for the first time since I was a skater, I'm starting to get cuts back in my abs. :D Hooray!

3 comments:

Domesticrazy said...

Nice corset bag! Thanks for the update on Shred-mine should be here tomorrow. Netflix said it shipped according to John. I've been thinking about hobbling around after my first workout, dreaming of my flat tummy.

30 seconds of push ups? I'm going to DIE! It's good to hear you've kept up with it and are getting buff again! Congrats!

Domesticrazy said...

Also! Could I use more exclamation points?! To borrow from Dooce! Someone is going! To Wonder! Who used up all the punctuation!!!

Jane said...

Now when I see you at Joannes I will know that it's you!!