Friday, August 1, 2008

Weddingness (not mine)


I've had a slew of wedding jewelry orders lately . . . LOTS of fun, especially given that I'm planning my own wedding right now! I swear, if I didn't make jewelry Etsy would be the FIRST place I'd look for bridesmaid's gifts and favors (not that I have any bridesmaids, but still).

Last night I made five pearl chokers for a bridal party in Las Vegas and then a pair of sterling and freshwater pearl earrings for another bride. I listed them all this morning and my shop page looks like its covered in white buttercream frosting. Lovely!

And speaking of wedding jewelry . . . I made myself a little something ;) A pendant in sterling and marcasite with labradorite drops. I'm still mulling it over. For all the pearls I use in my shop I don't want to wear them to my wedding. So the pendant doesn't quite look bridal to me . . . but then I don't really want it to look bridal. Much to ponder. Maybe I should post a picture and let you guys help.

Blogplan for next week is to post pictures of what I wear to work every day. Clothes can be artsy-craftsy just as much as pearl necklaces and cupcakes can. I enjoy the heck out of getting dressed every morning, so I think I'll enjoy sharing too! Anyone want to join me?

5 comments:

Beans said...

I don't have a lick of fashion sense so I may just use your examples as inspiration. Besides D-crazy doesn't help much. Children don't chastise you for not matching your belt with your purse.

HollyLynne said...

kids, especially very small ones who are allowed to dress themselves, ALWAYS come up with pretty stellar outfits :)

Jane said...

I look forward to seeing your outfits! That way when I see you at the gas station, Mashti Malones, Joannes or the thrift, I'll know who you are!

The church in our wedding pic is Emmanuel Baptist in Ridgewood, NJ.

Nutsy Coco said...

The jewelry looks great! I'd post pics of my outfits, but I'm incredibly tired of all my clothes and dressing business casual at a university isn't overly interesting.

Sew Bettie said...

Oh! They are so pretty. There are so many fun wedding related items on etsy.