Thursday, August 28, 2008

Swistle's Mint Chocolate Brownies


I've been OBSESSING over Swistle's Mint Chocolate Brownie recipe for, like, months now. I haven't been able to find the Andes Mint Chocolate Chips it calls for though. Damn LA . . . the baking sections of our stores are WOEFULLY inadequate. Like, 90% pre made boxed mix crap and only ever 1/2 the staples you'd need to make anything from scratch. The new thing seems to be a step further than boxed mixes . . . these "microwave cakes and brownies" thinggies. I mean, come on. If you can't muster the energy to make something DECENT for yourself to eat (this isn't rocket science) then you probably shouldn't be eating it at all. How good could a 'microwave brownie' filled with preservatives and unpronounceables possibly be? Sorry . . . I digress . . . but I just don't get it. It isn't worth my time to eat some crap pre-packaged cookies or cakes. These brownies only took 10 minutes to prepare, and the recipe made at least a dozen servings. Plus I can pronounce every ingredient.

Sorry. Rant finished.

So to make up for LA's lack of baking items, we DO have a spectacular selection of gourmet chocolates in most grocery stores. It finally occurred to me that instead of the mint chocolate chips, I could try buying a big mint chocolate BAR and breaking it up into pieces.

OMFG, the brownies were INSANE! And I realized while stuffing my face last night, I could probably put just about ANY candy bar in there. Caramel chocolate. Raspberry Chocolate. Heath bar perhaps? Its all I can do not to leave work and go home to make more brownies right now. Serious.

4 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Mmmm, sounds delicious! Choco and mint, two of my favorite combinations!

Domesticrazy said...

NOM

NOM NOM

We have a 4 minute vegan brownie recipe that may need made tonight. Because of your vixen brownie picture.

NOM

Jane said...

Gotta try these! I so agree with you about LA and baking. It's really sad!

ReFabulous said...

AMEN to your brownies-from-scratch rant! And WHY must you torture with that photo? So cruel.