Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ok, Ok, I'm back.


Disneyland was awesome. Boy and I had a great time. Perfect weather, minimal crowds. We went on the Astro Blasters four times (first time I beat boy's score! Then twice I scored over 100,000!), Pirates twice, Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and the Matterhorn. We toured the new Innoventions exhibit, walked through Toontown, had lunch at the Hungry Bear restaurant and dinner at the Plaza Inn. 10am - 11pm. We were champs!

The night before we went to Downtown Disney and had dinner at Tortilla Joe's. The plan was to stay for the fireworks but we were both SO TIRED! We figured it'd be better to get back to the hotel and have a good night's sleep instead. We grabbed muffins from the bakery for breakfast in the morning and headed back. Our hotel was actually pretty great. It had an arcade! And I slept like a log. A dead log. Very comfortable.

I woke up on Tuesday exhausted, sore and desperately sad for it all to be over. I think I managed to score pretty big though by getting engaged at Disneyland. Pretty much for the rest of our lives, every time boy wants to take me somewhere especially romantic for a birthday or anniversary or whatnot its going to have to be the Blue Bayou at Disneyland. And you can't get in to eat there without spending a day at the park!

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Yay for a fabulous birthday!!

Domesticrazy said...

It sounds like you guys had a fabulous time! I'm glad you're back. And I love the pic of you and the boy. When will he get to be a man, by the way?