Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Guess what?


I'm going to DISNEYLAND!!! Boy and I just booked a room to stay over Sunday night in Anaheim so that we can spend the entire, horking day at Disneyland on Monday, my birthday. Bwah! EXCITED!

Anywho . . . tonight is Project Runway night which is the one night a week boy and I devote to making a nice dinner and polishing off a bottle of wine (as opposed to huddling in our respective lairs working all night, him on records me on jewelry). I ripped this lemon and parsley potato recipe off of Jenny of Sew Darn Cute's blog and I've made it three times in the last three weeks, so I thought I'd share the joy here. I switched out the order of a few steps to accomidate my lazyness and I added onions cause I love them. The basic method, to paraphrase: make a dressing of melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Toss cubed potatoes and diced onions in the mixture. Bake. Hot. Long time. Stir sometimes. Toss with chopped parsley.

For special occasions, like Project Runway night, I make cauliflower cheese to go with the potatoes. I think I'll make a salad tonight too, just to avoid putting myself in a carb/fat coma.

1 comment:

Nutsy Coco said...

How fun! Happy early birthday!!