Monday, August 4, 2008

Dads are pretty much the best thing ever

So the weekend was insanity. Boy and I found out on Friday evening that our condo was going to be appraised on Sunday morning (in conjunciton with the mortgage we're still trying to work out. Yep, STILL.) So Saturday we spent the ENTIRE FECKING DAY from 8am to after midnight working on the condo. Getting rid of the last traces of boxes from my moving in, replacing the dining set with one that actually fits so as not to make our dining room look small, spiffing up little details like broken switchplates and screen doors, and of course finding places to store excess crap and furniture, which is where boy's dad came in. He let us move a carload of boxes AND a dining set with four chairs into his living room. Then bought us dinner.

Then the following day, we went to visit my dad to get all the coins drilled for my big Australian order. 150 of them. For about four hours. And then he grilled boy a steak.

I don't think its possible for our dads to rock any harder. We couldn't have gotten through this weekend without them!

So condo . . . yeah, we'll talk about it later :) And Australia . . . ALMOST DONE! And building (and swearing at) Ikea furniture at 11pm, also quite blog worthy! Did I mention that there are new pillows as well?

For now though you'll have to settle for the first outfit picture. Today I'm wearing my favorite red boots (check out the buckles!) with my skinny William Rast jeans, a silk top from Forver 21, and a necklace I made with brass chain and brick colored freshwater pearls.

I swear, all of these photos are going to be of me peering sideways into the camera display . . . couldn't figure out any other way to get the picture!

3 comments:

Domesticrazy said...

If I joined you I would cry-I gained 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks, and the last thing I want to see is a picture of myself. But! I love the outfit. Maybe I can take a picture of all the clothes I had to change out of everyday-like the pea-covered shirt, the skirt that paint spilled on, etc.

Oooh, or I could post E's fashions! She so much cuter than I am, and she picks out her own clothes! Hmmm...

Nutsy Coco said...

Wow, what a weekend! Those are some awesome dads :) I FINALLY almost finished my bathroom. I just need to get some hinge issues worked out and then I'll be ready to post after pics.

Spiffy outfit too!

HollyLynne said...

oooh, domesticrazy i would LOVE to see E's outfits. There's nothing better than a toddler who dresses herself!!! :)

Congrats on that bathroom, nutsy!!! i was cracking boy up with tales about your avocado ceiling last night 