Thursday, July 10, 2008

More or less being a denim whore

I work in the music industry, so wearing jeans every day isn't only an option its practically required. And thus, with jeans being work wear and all, I feel practically obligated to buy REALLY NICE EXPENSIVE pairs. That having been said, there's something about spending $198 for a pair at Blooomingdales that kinda makes me want to vomit.

My solution over the last few years has been Overstock.com. Its actually kind of embarassing how many pairs I've bought there . . . hold on . . . let me count . . . at least 9 (!). But the prices are genuinely UNREAL, the selection is great, the shipping is always $2.95 or less, and the photographs!!! They take an overall front shot, a rear pocket shot, and a button/coin pocket close up. GENIUS! Everything I want to see before buying is right there for me to see! And the reviews are great too . . . they can give a bit of a heads up if a brand runs small or big. And in the worst case scenario, if they don't fit, Overstock's return procecure is painless.

One pair I own is now on sale for a FREAKISHLY low $29.99 and I can vouch that they're super awesome. Nice strech, cute but not over the top topstitching, and rad leaf green pocket linings. They were carrying Aristocrat denim for a while which they've sold out of (not ENTIRELY due to me, but in part!) and for a while they had tons of Earnest Sewn in stock (also, depleted by yours truly). They get new stuff in all the time, so its worth checking back every so often! I've currently got my eye on these and these.

So, there is it. My secret trick. Please don't buy up all the 26's! :)

No comments: