Monday, July 14, 2008

Just because you lot are the only ones who care

I have to share my LEGENDARY weekend vegetable haul. I tried Farm Boy which is across the street from my new local Trader Joes. TJ's is more or less never getting my produce business back!

- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 big head of cauliflower
- a lime
- a small bok choy
- a small piece of ginger root
- a package of bean sprouts
- a bunch of carrots
- 4 big yellow onions
- 2 big leeks
- 3 tomatoes
- a bunch of cilantro
- 2 green peppers

$15.34

I literally skipped out of the store. Then I spent all weekend reiterating to boy that "My bok choy cost nineteen cents!".

So meanwhile . . . been thinking a LOT about what to make MYSELF to wear for the wedding. I'm playing around (just mentally for now) with an iolite and marcasite idea. Or maybe labradorite and marcasite. And the tuppence in the shoe . . OH YEAH am I EVER! I also am planning to make my garter modelled after one I made for a friend, with dusty blue lace and a Victorian penny sewn in.

Also . . . please no crying for my tiara, but I'm playing around with a different hair idea. I have a marcasite brooch of my dad's mom's . . . I'm going to be wearing both my mom's mom's and HER mom's engagement rings on my right hand so I'd like to be wearing something from my paternal grandmother as well. I'm experimenting with adding the brooch to a ribbon or headband. I think it'll feel less costume-y to me than a full on tiara, plus then I can RUN with the marcasite idea. A tiara is pretty much the end all to other wedding accessories . . . and I don't feel that I could add a handmade neckalce to boot without looking like some whack-job, wanna-be-beauty-queen type monstrosity. (Althogh the tiara will see PLEANTY of wear in the privacy of my own home, let me assure you!)

2 comments:

Sew Bettie said...

I love the idea of adding it to a ribbon headband - that would be so pretty. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Domesticrazy said...

Here here. The ribbon idea would be gorgeous!