Monday, July 21, 2008

Dirt and Worms

It was my friend Nick's birthday a few weeks ago and instead of making my usual pink fluffy cupcakes, I decided I wouldn't be a true friend if I didn't at least TRY to make something more masculine. Yep, a masculine cupcake. You heard it here first!

I made my usual chocolate cakes and cream cheese icing. I dyed the icing green (eewwwwww) and put it in the fridge for a bit to make it easier to spread. The whole decorating thing actually took LESS time than usual, since I didn't have to use icing bags or tips for these. I just spread the icing on with a butter knife then dipped the tops in a bowl of crushed oreos (quite satisfying, I must say, whacking oreos with a wooden spoon!) then I topped each cake off with a gummy worm.

Totally easy, cheap trick and these cupcakes got LOTS of good attention :)

The boy and I spent lots of the weekend working on the window treatments in our bedroom. I'm happy to report, almost GLEEFUL to report, that the gnarly 80s pink splashed vertical blinds we used to have are currently residing IN THE FECKING DUMPSTER! Not quite done with our massive improvements yet . . .we ran out of "a supply" and have to make one more hardware store run today, but I promise pics and a full report soon!

2 comments:

Domesticrazy said...

Nice cupcakes! I love the new camera shots, too. And the purse, well, the purse is very very cool.

I'm really just stopping in to say "hi!"

Nutsy Coco said...

Ahh, trips to the hardware store. It seems like there's ALWAYS one more trip to make. Can't wait to see how it looks!