Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An entirely frivolous post


I'm going to ignore all of the moving and financial chaos going on in my life at the moment to focus on something truly meaningful. Makeup.

We had our first official heat wave of summer over the weekend (not wasting any time, are you, LA?). I don't care who you are or what you spackle your face with, when its over 100 degrees, your makeup is gonna melt. I am a big fan of Bare Minerals. HUGE fan! It took me AGES to finally try the stuff but its worth every penny, and actually it works out to be CHEAPER than regular liquid makeup because the little tubs last forever. But no matter how much I love it, after the 100 degree mark, even Bare Minerals melts. Odd, considering its a powder, I know, but the consistency is actually very creamy. (I know, I wouldn't believe that either unless I used it, but its true.)

So, I've started experimenting with methods to avoid melting, as I do every year almost entirely without success. But this year, I've already managed to stumble upon a BRILLIANT combination that actually stays COMPLETELY put no matter the heat.

I start with Benefit's Some Kind-a Gorgeous which I will totally admit to having bought entirely for the packaging. So? Its kind of a hybrid between a tinted moisturizer and a primer. It feels GREAT going on the skin and it gives the perfect amount of super light coverage. Then for my hideous under eye circles (I am VERY pale and I don't sleep well. Bad combo.) I use another Benefit product, Lemon-Aid. Then any old cream concealer where needed and I finish everything off by dusting with Bare Minerals (yea!) Mineral Veil.

Victory!!!

No comments: