Friday, June 6, 2008

The Big Three - Oh - Oh!

It happened! Hooray!!!! I've been creeping up on 300 sales for a while now and this morning I sold my 300th item to a dear, dear friend from High School who was sweet enough to notice that I was at 299 items sold and then acutally GO OUT AND BUY a pair of earrings to bump me up to 300. How awesome is that!!?!!

The boy and I had a bet going about when the 300th sale would happen . . . on Wednesday night when I was at 298 he said 300 would happen by 9am Saturday and I said Midnight Friday night/Saturday morning. Being closer, I WON!!!! and now boy is going to have to watch 27 Dresses with me (being able to pick the next movie at the video store w/o any arguments was the prize!). We're also going to Luna Park tonight to celebrate with macaroni and cheese and SMORES!

And speaking of wedding dresses . . . I'm picking mine up tomorrow!!!!!

I've got to admit, I'm a little worried about it though. When I'm under pressure I tend to shrink. With the moving and mortgages and wedding plannning, well . . . I've lost about 15 lbs since I ordered the dress. I hadn't realized quite how dire the situation was until I got on the scale the other night. Then I had myself a little freakout while boy stared at me blankly. So I said "You know what? Here, I'll SHOW YOU!" and proceeded to take my skinniest size 27 William Rast jeans and pull them DOWN TO MY KNEES then back on again without unbuttoning or unzipping anything. "Oh . . .well . . .shit?", said the boy.

Who knows what I'll weigh next March though, right? And dresses can be altered! I'm going to be doing some altering anyways! Has anyone had to alter a wedding dress for size? Is altering one down a full size a rational possibility?

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats on 300 sales!! 27 Dresses is a great movie - my husband loved it :) (Shhh... don't let him know I told you...)

Nutsy Coco said...

Congrats on your sales!!

When you pick up your dress, I would ask them about the altering options. I ended up finding mine off the rack 50% off but it's a size 12 and I would wear a 6 or 8. The store owner told me that it shouldn't be a problem altering mine down that much because it's a relatively simple design. She recommended their alterers that do a lot of zipper work because it will mean taking the zipper out, bringing the dress in and then putting the zipper back in. I'll let you know how it turns it. I go in about 2 months to get mine done. It's definitely much easier to size it down than up!

HollyLynne said...

thanks guys!!!

Nutsy, thanks SO MUCH for telling me that . . . makes me feel TONS better!! I'm leaving in just a few minutes to try the dress on, i'll let you know how it goes!

Domesticrazy said...

You do not need to get your dress altered. I will send you 15, or even 20, of my own pounds, priority mail. This I would do for you and your fabulous wedding.

If only I could!! But yep, altering down is fairly easy...much easier than altering up. *sigh* I wish I lost weight with stress. I gain, even while eating healthy food when stressed. And I'm friggin vegan. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!??

HollyLynne said...

BWAHAHAAHA!!! Domesticrazy . . . send those pounds!!! :D I used to think that being veggie would be good for my weight too . . .but sadly, potatoes and bread and pasta and potato chips and ALL my weaknesses are totally meat free. The real trick: forgetting to eat. I find having a job where one's phone rings the very second one tries to get up for lunch and/or obsessive beading habits are helpful with this :)