Thursday, May 29, 2008

Legendary


Today was farmer's market day and my haul was SO FECKING IMPRESSIVE that I had to share . . . and yeah, that involved splaying all of my goodies out on the kitchen counter at work and taking a photo. So?

I got: a bunch of green onions, a bunch of leeks, a pair of sweet onions, a bag of 4 maui onions (can you tell I like onions?), 4 limes, a bunch of cilantro, 2 bunches of carrots (one sweet, one regular), a head of cauliflower, 2 ears of white corn and a bunch of little red tomatoes.

I spent $11.50.

$11.50!!! Take that major chain supermarkets, and shove it you know where. (Sorry, but I spent $4.15 for a cauliflower once at Ralphs and I never really got over it.)

4 comments:

Domesticrazy said...

I still turn green when you mention that market. And I drool, too. Stupid midwest with the driving to the farmer's markets that are woefully empty this time of year...

HollyLynne said...

i'm so in love w/ my market . . .but it closes down for winter and fall (which is sort of pointless since LA doesn't even really HAVE winter or fall . . . )

Jane said...

Have you tried Fresh & Easy? The produce is OK-small selection, but the prices put Ralphs to shame. We like it a lot.

HollyLynne said...

ooh, i WISH there were a fresh and easy near me . . .I've been dying to check one out. nothing close right now though :(