Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Great Tiara Debacle

As promised, here's a preview of my ever expanding tiara collection!

I initially bought the headband style tiara on the far left from David's Bridal when I bought my dress (I know, I know . . . I SO didn't expect to buy a dress there. But they're sort of like The Gap of bridal, they've got good basics and basic was what i needed.) I bought it in the flower girl section. Still not sure how I feel about this.

The middle tiara, the more 'tiara-y' one with a bit of height to it, I bought at an antique store in Sherman Oaks. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, its in beautiful condition, the comb makes it feel really secure and I love the fact that its an antique. My only reservation is that I think its, well, a bit too 'tiara-y'. I don't want to look back on my wedding photos and think I look like I'm wearing a costume, you know? (Says the girl who has a massive white dress to wear at a castle . . . our wedding webpage has a preview of my bridal coat (for over my dress) and my bridal wellingtons (yep))

The last option is the one that was missing in the mail for months on end. Its a vintage crystal headband from ebay. Its cute, but its a bit weathered . . I do like the vintage angle though.

So yeah, basically nothing has me convinced yet. What do you guys think?

6 comments:

Domesticrazy said...

OK, I'm apparently daft, but I like the one in the middle. I also like the other vintage one, too. Why not wear all three and REALLY make a statement?

Oh wait, you're not going for crazy cat lady wedding, are you. Damn.

HollyLynne said...

ALL THREE!!! Genious!!! My inner 3 year old is thrilled at that suggestion :)

I'm kind of glad to hear you say you like the middle one . . . i totally do too i'm just worried about the 'costumey' thing . . . there's only so much 'princess' you can put on and i've already got a castle, you know?

maybe i'll post an action photo . . .

Jane said...

I kind of like the idea of three too. I bet it could work. I also got my dress somewhat unexpectedly at Davids. I had just the weekend to find a dress with my mom still in town. I knew it was super important to her to be part of that, so I said a little prayer as we walked into Davids. I thought, there are 5 million dresses in here, there has to be one that I like. There was and it was perfect!

As for the Sherman Oaks Joanne's -is that the one on Riverside? (I never know what town I am in when I am in the valley lol) I always think that someday I will be at Michael Levines and run into a blogger! Could be this is a small city after all.

Nutsy Coco said...

If the middle one is the one you LOVE, I say go for it! It is more tiara-y, but it's not completely over the top and your wedding is at a castle after all! Maybe if it was a garden wedding it would be a little over the top, but I don't think it will in your setting.

HollyLynne said...

Jane, yep, on Riverside!!! I go to Michael Levine as well but not as often.

Ok, so this is looking almost unanimously like everyone likes the middle one . . .or all three ;). I'm going to take an action shot this weekend so you guys can see what it looks like on . . .

Swistle said...

Oh, man, those are so gorgeous. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

But perhaps we need to see photos of them ON!