Friday, May 30, 2008

A Gift for Boy


Boy has only once EVER before asked me to make him anything. So the other night when he bought a new pair of sunglasses and decided he needed a case, I was SO ON IT!

I made him one from the last, precious remaining bit of my London inspired fat quarter from Ebay and lined it inside with some batting to make it protective and then red and black buffalo check flannel inside, which i thought would be nice and soft to keep his lenses from scratching. I basically just made a makeup bag, but sized to fit his glasses and adding batting. The batting is really easy to install, just think of it as an additional layer to your exterior fabric. I didn't have to do any extra sewing to install it, just a little extra assembly :)



The glasses (not the ones pictured, those are mine!) came from Loehmans which is totally a bad ass place to shop. We walked down there (yep) from my apartment (a reason to be sad I'm leaving it!) on Wednesday night. While we were there I also got a dress for an upcoming wedding . . . black on white toile, sleeveless, v neck and knee length . . .TOTALLY cute and marked down from some absurd price that doesn't bear repeating to under $40. I also ordered this jacket online to use as a cover up for the evening (its an outdoor garden wedding running afternoon through evening, I'm expecting a range of temperatures!). The jacket arrived in the mail today and I absolutely love it, and I was THRILLED beyond belief to discover that it has POCKETS!! I'm not sure why I'm so enamored with pockets . . . but if my sewing skills enabled me to make actual clothes for myself you can bet EVERY SINGLE THING I made would have them. They're dope.

1 comment:

sorna said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
Gift Ideas For Boy