Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crafters are the best people

Last night I got home to the most wonderful package from Domesticrazy! She sent a stack of handmade cloth napkins for the boy and I along with the most gorgeous Unakite donut shaped stone . . .I've had a necklace idea in mind for that type of bead for a while so I'm really excited to have one to play with! I'll post pics of the necklace once I've made it, but pics of the napkins are above (don't you just LOVE those fabrics!?!). THANK YOU so much, Domesticrazy! And the boy thanks you too because now he has proper napkins instead of the washcloths I've been making him use :)

I other mail related news, the vintage crystal headband I bought on Ebay months ago which went "missing" in the mail very mysteriously appeared in my work inbox yesterday afternoon. I'm going to do a post on The Great Tiara Debacle tomorrow, so I'll show you all pictures of it then :)

And in other wedding related news, the boy and I have a wedding website!!! I purchased www.hollylynne.com to eventually use as a place to link to my blog and Etsy shop from, but for now we're using it to
host the GORGEOUS wedding website my dad built for us. Its got Flash photo content. Its got Quicktime panoramas. Its even got some satellite Google Earth action. Check it out, I'd love to hear what my "blogfriends" think! (did you know I call you guys my "blogfriends"? Cause yeah, I do . . . :))

5 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

The fabric is awesome! I love the swirls.

The website is awesome too! Your wedding sounds like it's going to be fantastic!

Jane said...

I'm headed over to check out the wedding website. I so wish I had known about blogging when I was planning our wedding. It would have been fun to share all my planning with people who liked crafty favors and such. I'm sure dh would have enjoyed a break from hearing about it too, lol.

Jane said...

My husband just returned from two weeks in Edinburgh, and all he can do is rave about this restaurant called Wedgwood. It was a bit pricy, but he had a few meals there and wrote home about all of them. Then he had the owners email the menu. He even took pics of some of the desserts! He has told me that we can email you the menu if you like. LOL- I didn't go on this trip, but from his enthusiasm, I guess the place is pretty nice.

Domesticrazy said...

Ahh, you're so sweet! I'm glad you guys liked the napkins, and also that you liked the pendant thing. Now I can start on the wedding present...

HollyLynne said...

thanks for the kind comments about the website, guys!!! and jane, thanks for that restaurant reccomendation! since its going to be our honeymoon, we're all about having a few really nice dinners :)
domesticrazy, i really do love the napkins, I've used them already :)