Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh . . . Wales . . .

. . . so when someone tells you you can have your wedding at a Welsh castle for the equivalent of $200 and you think "gosh, that sounds to good to be true!" perhaps you should trust that gut instinct instead of going ahead and planning said wedding. It turns out in addition to the $200 venue fee I need a mysterious little thing called "public liability insurance". Something very standard and cheap in the UK but apparently not on offer for less than a zillion dollars to anyone not residing in the UK. I'm struggling my way through this, trying to get the coverage I need without spending (literally) double the cost of my actual wedding and I've got a few leads left, but its been exhausting. Physically and mentally.

To illustrate: today I went to the doctor because over the weekend I developed sudden, crippling spasms in the sinus cavity above my left eye. The first one happend as I was sitting talking to the boy (about wedding insurance, as fate would have it). I literally fell out of the chair I was sitting in, clutching my head and screaming. The pain subsided, but a similar incident happend the next day. And the next. So of course having the myriad of issues with my sinuses that I do I figured I had some kind of bizarre sinus problem. . . infection, tumor, whatever. So I went to get it checked out. The doctor found nothing amiss with my sinuses though and aksed me instead if anything in my life was particuliarly stressful at the moment. I said I was planning my wedding. He burst out laughing.

I have tension headaches. The stabbing pain out of nowhere thing wasn't my sinuses, it was the stress tendons in my face. Wedding insurance is making my face hurt.

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Oh no! I hope you're able to get everything taken care of soon!

IamSusie said...

I hope you can set aside your worries, delegate some wedding decisions and relax a bit. Maybe someone else can take on the Welsh castle negotiations for you?
I get migraines too and they are a horrible affliction and a sign that you should take some time for yourself.