Thursday, April 24, 2008

How freakin lucky am i?


To have a full on farmers market going on just blocks away from my office every Thursday? Its literally so close that I can run over, do a full week's vegetable shopping, and be back at my desk in under 30 minutes. Weekend markets really tick me off. They're overpriced, loud, and full of women using their strollers as crowd battering rams (Thats your child in there. Seriously.). The Thursday market is practically empty though; the only actual lines are for the prepared lunch type items. Its great to be the only freak who wants a head of cauliflower at 1:15pm on a weekday. And the onions!!! Yellow, red, white, leeks, green, and then varieties of onions I didn't even know existed like sprouted sweet onions in red and green.

Today I ran over and got a few heads of garlic, a bunch of carrots, a zucchini, 3 bell peppers and 4 onions. I spent $4.70. Awesome.

5 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Is that the Westwood Farmers Market? That building in the background looks familiar. I rarely got to go because I worked in Brentwood by my ex occasionally went.

HollyLynne said...

Nope, close though! Its Century City. I did used to go to the Westwood one when I was at UCLA though!

Domesticrazy said...

I'm green with envy, and drooling to boot. $4.70 and you can walk there! And strollers? I detest the things. They're like little SUV's in training. People use them the same way at the zoo here, which is why we bought a sling before E was born.

By the way-got your message-I'm replying at naptime!

HollyLynne said...

I am SO down with the sling thing . . . I'm going to do that for sure!

Jane said...

Thanks for the tip! I gave up on farmers markets because they were so crowded and frankly, many times overpriced.