Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Etsyversary To Me!

I made the marshmallow fluff injection cupcakes to celebrate. They're OK. Not fantastic, not spectacular, but OK.

On the bright side, the chocolate icing was to die for again, so thats squared away.

I've been working on the recipe so that I could do two varieties of cupcakes for the boy and my engagement party in a few weeks, but I'm not thinking the marshmallow fluff ones are worthy quite yet. Maybe I'll just make 2 batches and frost 1/2 w/ chocolate and 1/2 w/ cream cheese.

I'm a little bitter about the marshmallow ordeal though. I invested time in making 3 batches so far . . . my coworkers have been very supportive and have eaten and reported back on all of my attempts. This latest batch they DO endorse . . . but still . . . its just sort of not what I had in mind. I was expecting pockets of globby marshmallow goo but I ended up with more of a dribble.

Now . . .I COULD always mix the marshmallow fluff with some whipped cream to get a filling that would be easier to pipe into the cakes . . . or i could just cream fill them? Maybe I should cut a little section out and fill them manually? Anyone know more about this than I do?? Suggestions???

Listening:  The Beatles- "Happy Birthday"

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

I wish I could provide some cupcake advice but sadly all of mine come from a box.

adriana.marroquin said...

Hi - try this:

1 jar Marshmallow Creme
8 Tbs. unsalted butter at room temperature

Wisk marshmallow creme and butter until smooth. Chill until just firm 15 - 20 min.

This could give you the 'blobs' you are looking for.

BTW I learned about your blog from my friend Cat (I work with her and Jeff Fischer at CSUN) and I'm always trying outdo myself in cupcake mastery. Good luck!

Adriana