Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Great Closet Collapse of '08

:(

Yeah . . . this is the third time in as many years that I've managed to break a garment rack. This time pretty spectacularly . . . one of the vertical metal bars actually snapped in half. The first one I broke was cheap, from Target . . . the second also from Target but slightly less cheap. This one, again, Target, but TOP OF THE LINE Target . . . it lasted longer than the other two did, anyhow . . .

This time I'm going to invest in a real garment rack. An industrial one from The Container Store. Anyone wanna take bets on how long it'll last?


And while I'm at it, I think I'm finally going to go ahead and invest in a dresser. I haven't had one in ages and thats part of the problem . . .there's only so much any garment rack can take (even an industrial one I'm sure). The one pictured, from Ikea, is only $129 and it matches the TV stand I already have . . . I'm going to do some measuring tonight and see if it'll fit where I need it to . . .

. . . and then . . . on to organizing the crafting supplies which are taking over my apartment! If I can manage both of those projects, world domination can't be far behind :)

Listening:  Failure- "Saturday Saviour" (in honor of the fact that I'm going to spend all of Saturday in my closet!)

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

I love that line from Ikea. I'm so sad that I don't live close to one anymore :(

Domesticrazy said...

Love the stuff you've been making lately! And sorry to hear about the closet, but man, was that photo great! I wish we had an Ikea here...