Thursday, February 7, 2008

Goodie Bag Fun!

My adoration of Ebay is well documented . . . and vintage coins are one of the big reasons why!!! I've been buying up lots of "out of circulation" coins to use in making jewelry. Lately, I've come across a few matching sets of coins that I thought would be perfect to use in making earrings. The earrings pictured are done w/ Soviet coins and garnets. I've done others w/ Czech coins and smoke quartz, Belgian coins and labradorite . . .lots of combos!!! I think they're really fun and interesting . . . a great conversation piece :)

Also, my boss' birthday was yesterday and I made a spectactular looking cupcake display for her (my crafting isn't solely limited to wearables! I like eatables too! :)) They're the same recipe I usually make, chocolate chocolate chip w/ cream cheese icing, but they came out so pretty that I just had to post a picture . . . I'm finally learning how to use those great icing tips I got for Christmas!

PS: I'm going to see Rhett Miller tomorrow night!!!!!!

Listening:  Rhett Miller- "Won't Be Home"

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Oh my gosh, those cupcakes look delicious! Now I'm absolutely craving a cupcake!

Isabel said...

Holy cow...the earrings are yummy looking and the cupcakes look even yummier!