Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cupcakes are getting there!

(Please excuse the photo quality . . . a flash doesn't do much for the appearance of frosting!)

Like planned, this time I used a more basic chocolate frosting recipe . . .and WOW! So good. Frosting accomplished!

The mini marshmallows were better, but still . . .well, kind of disappear-y. They melt into the cake and don't do much of anything for it. There are no pockets of marshmallow goo like I'd hoped for.

Soooooo . . . batch #3 which I hope will be the winner will be made with my usual chocolate cake recipe, the new improved chocolate frosting, and (drumroll, please) I will be INJECTING the cupcakes with store bought marshmallow fluff before frosting them. Yep. Marshmallow Fluff.

I'm planning to make them for my Etsyversary which is in 1 week, if all goes well there will be a recipe posted then :)

Listening:  Mew

1 comment:

Nutsy Coco said...

Mmmm, the fluff injection sounds fabulous!