Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Tale of Two Moisturizers

Several months back I got a sample of Lancome's Absolue Premium Bx SPF 15 cream in a bonus. This stuff is killer . . . its light, great for my sensitive skin, feels great, smells great, doesn't cause breakouts, has spf . . . its everything I was looking for in a face cream. I figured that even if it was up in the $50 to $70 price range I could wait for a department store bonus and buy it with a clear conscience, so I walked down to Macy's on my lunch hour one day to check the price.

OMFG! $110.

So, yeah, needless to say I immediately switched gears to searching for a REPLACEMENT product. My love for Boots brand products is well known, and well deserved I think! I've been using No. 7 night cream for years and cleansers for the last year or so. However, I was only able to find one No. 7 cream that had SPF (?! I know that the UK doesn't get much sun, but come on . . . ). Fortunately, the equally awesome Boots Botanics line had several options w/ SPF 15. I picked up a tub of Boots Botanics Face Renewal Cream SPF 15 for $13.99 and honestly, seriously, swear on my life I think this stuff is every bit as great as the Lancome cream. It has the same feel going on to the skin, absorbs quickly, smells great, and has lots of fancy cell renewal ingredients that leave my skin glowing. And with the leftover $96.01 I was able to do some damage at the Ben Sherman store sale ;)

Listening:  The Smiths- "This Charming Man"

1 comment:

Nutsy Coco said...

Wow! $110!! That's just insanity.