Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Victoria Collection Is Here!

I'm so unbelievably excited about this that I don't even know where to start! As some of you may have noticed, my Etsy shop has a distinctly antique vibe lately. I find history to be endlessly inspiring, so its really no surprise to find myself gravitating towards historic elements in my work.



This new collection is, so far, the ultimate expression of my history obsession. I managed to come up with a handful or so of Victorian coins, mostly pennies and half pennies. They're genuine, they're worn and used, and all are over 100 years old. I had my dad drill holes in them, which I think might have offended his sensibilities a bit; but in the end I'd rather have a beautiful old thing that I can wear and have with me every day than a beautiful old thing that I keep in a drawer. So, pendants they are!



My first three pendants have been listed, I expect to make at least 5 or 7 more using my current stash. I'm not sure if after that I'll seek out more pennies or start on an Edwardian Collection, as I had to buy quite a few Edward pennies to get to all of my Victoria ones! For now though, I'm so excited about this new line. I'm wearing a prototype necklace that I'm keeping for myself now. I find myself doing a lot of daydreaming and staring into mirrors when I've got it on!

Listening:  Division Day- "Enjoy The Silence"

1 comment:

Nutsy Coco said...

I love old coin jewelry too!