Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Tote Bag for a Good Cause!


I've been making bunches of these corset front totes lately, they're so fun! They're fidgety and involve lots of pinning and tracing stitches, but since I'm into that sort of thing it suits (my big hobby as a toddler was peeling the labels off of crayons).
I've been wanting to donate an item to the Indie Craft Movie Etsy Shop for so long, and last night I finally sat down to make them something. The shop is a way to raise funds for the eagerly anticipated documentary on the indie craft movement. I sent them the bag free of charge, and whatever $20 or so they make on the sale will go to help with production costs for the film. I'm happy I was able to contribute an item to them, and one that I really like too!

Listening:  Division Day- "Every Shining Time You Arrive"

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

That's a really cute bag! I love how the ribbon criss-crosses.

I was a bit OCD as a child (and still am!) with crayons. I liked to make sure the label was peeled off evenly and NEVER rubbing against the paper I was coloring. That's like nails on chalkboards to me!

HollyLynne said...

ah, crafters and their childhood crayon neuroses :) good to know i wasn't the only one!