Thursday, September 6, 2007

Its 3,000 Degrees in LA So What Do I Do?


Crochet a Peruvian highland wool neckwarmer. Duh.

It was too hot to cook all weekend. It was too hot to sleep. It was almost too hot to breathe, but fortunately I did manage that much.

Of course it occured to me that during a heat wave probably isn't the best time to be messing around with highland wool, but I had this idea for a neck warmer that couldn't wait. And listing wooly winter items in my Etsy shop has to start back up sometime. Its cold SOMEWHERE right? Someone in Alaska could end up buying it now. Or Russia. Or very northern bits of Scotland. What if Alaskans or Russians or very northern Scots spend all summer bemoaning the fact that nobody is selling cute, fashionable, warm accessories? They should come to my shop; I've started!

Listening:  Sunny Day Real Estate- "Every Shining Time You Arrive"

2 comments:

P. said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know about a great Tomato Paella recipe that's on the front page of NYTimes.com right now under the video section... I have yet to make anything with one of your recipes, but I can't wait. The stuff you make looks so good. Keep up the good work!

HollyLynne said...

Thanks! I'm going to check out that recipe, I've never done a paella, sounds like one to try!