Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I've Been In Mexico!

. . . which is why I've been ignoring my blog. But to make up for it, I've got a bunch of goodies brought back from my trip to write about! For starters, I picked up a bottle of Mexican vanilla on our port stop in Ensenada. I'd heard that Mexican vanilla was supposed to be superior to the American grocery store stuff, but I'd never tried it first hand. Regardless of quality though, the HUGE bottle pictured was only $3.95 which is a great value for any type of vanilla. I tried it in a batch of my usual chocolate chip cookies and they came out phenomenally. Like, seriously. I brought a batch to the office and you could smell them down the hall. And (dirty secret here), I don't actually like cookies (even my own) but I ate four of these. Ok, five. You caught me.

Listening:  Ryan Ferguson

No comments: