Monday, July 2, 2007

Cupcake Insanity!!!

Let me just preface this by saying I'm not usually a successful baker. I heard somewhere once that you're either good at cooking or good at baking but rarely good at both. Since I consider myself a pretty good cook, the baking is definitely not my strong point. I think, however, that considering my track record, I enjoyed some pretty darn near phenomenal success with these cupcakes. All 12 that I brought to the boy's family picnic were gone in a flash and at Tara's party I got a thumbs up from a pastry chef!! So, in short, this recipe is foolproof :)

Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
My modifications included adding a small bag of chocolate chips, baking for about 3-4 minutes longer than recommended (ie: until a toothpick came out clean) and filling the cups 1/2 way or thereabouts instead of 3/4. I came out with 24 cupcakes this way. Also worth mentioning are my Disney princess cupcake papers. Any cupcakes would benefit from the addition of a few princesses!

My Grandma's Cream Cheese Icing:
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

-beat until combined, thinning with a little milk if necessary

Listening:  Ides of Space- "Arthur's Car"

1 comment:

djsaint said...

These cupcakes are sooooooooooooooooo yummy. Definitely a party pleaser and, if you're only a party of one, all the better.