Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes


Trader Joes last weekend had the most gorgeous huge packages of fresh rosemary . . . seriously, like enormous, humongous, gigantic wads of fresh, fragrant rosemary. For $1.29. I'm almost burned out on rosemary now since I've put it in just about everything I've made for the last week (and I still have about half the package left! Yikes!), but these potatoes were by far the most successful item I made. I served them with veggie riblets and baked broccoliflower with a homemade white cheddar sauce.

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes:
1 lb white creamer potatoes, cut into quarters
1 large onion, cut into large chunks
3-4 tblsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
2 tblsp olive oil
2 tblsp flour

-mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until flour and rosemary lightly coat all potatoes
-cover and bake at 400 for 25 minutes
-uncover, stir well, and bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes

The flour is a trick I picked up at a beautiful little country restaurant in England one year. It crisps up a bit on the outside of the potatoes, almost giving them a fried texture, but obviously without all the fat and calories.

Listening:  Def Leppard- "Pour Some Sugar On Me"

No comments: