Monday, June 4, 2007

Baked Peaches And Cream

. . . yes Virginia . . . when you put hot peaches on top of whipped cream, the cream melts. Odd looking picture aside, this dessert was AMAZING! In the grocery store on Friday, I could literally smell the peaches from about 2 aisles away (even with my "bad" sinuses!). So I picked up two and did this with them:

Baked Peaches and Cream:
2 peaches
1 tblsp butter, cut into small pieces
1 tsp raw sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
whipped cream

-cut peaches into small cubes and place in a covered baking dish with butter and sugar
-bake covered for 10-15 minutes and uncovered 10-15 more
-stir in vanilla and serve over whipped cream (wait for the peaches to cool for a bit if you don't want soupy cream)

Absolute heaven . . . and I don't even really like fruit.

Listening:  Idlewild- "When I Argue I See Shapes"

1 comment:

ok, dispencer said...

OH MAN! I WANNA EAT THAT! :)