Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Even Crafty Girls Like Lipstick

Makeup qualifies as a "craft", I think. Lipstick is technically a form of paint, so I figure a beauty product review or two wouldn't be completely out of place in this blog. Wearing lipstick is something I do every day . . . just like crafting and listening to music!
I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was when Target and CVS stores started carrying some Boots brand products. Boots is basically mecca, as far as I'm concerned. They have several of their own product lines, including Royal Jelly, No. 7, Mediterranean and Botanics, all of which are more on par with US department store brands than US drugstore brands. Since I go to the UK pretty much every year, stocking up on my favorites (like Royal Jelly bubble bath, No. 7 face creams and Mediterranean body butters) has become a yearly tradition. Now though, in the comfort of my very own local CVS store, I can try out a larger range of Boots' products whenever I want.
One of my new favorites is the lippy pictured above, No. 7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick. I first got my hands on a tube of this fantastic stuff through my friend Becca, who brought me over an AMAZING No. 7 product set as a gift. It has an absolutely perfect texture, precisely in between being a gloss and being a lipstick, so I get the benefit of a longer lasting color without losing any of the shine I love in glosses. The colors (I own two: Excite and Entice) are perfectly sheer and subtle enough that I can apply them on the go without the aid of a mirror. There is a bit of a sparkle element to the shades I have, but nothing too bubble gum-y or glittery. They're a perfectly grown up version of my favorite childhood glosses!

No comments: