Thursday, April 26, 2007

Oh Yarn Statsh, My Yarn Stash . . .

This is a photo of my chair. It is a simple, unassuming chair. It is good for sitting in, stacking piles of jackets on, and showing off my favorite blanket and pillow. But the chair has a sinister side as well. It is also my enabler. The truth is, dear reader, inside the hollow ottoman accompanying this chair lies a deep, dark secret. Yep, you guessed it, my yarn stash. Behold the horror: And of course, my obsession running deep as it does, I ordered even more yarn online last week. And, of course, I intend to use it all. I always INTEND to use it all. Its just that I'm a bit flighty at times and also a bit high strung. The high strung part of me likes small projects that I can complete in an evening and feel accomplished in so doing. The flighty part of me wants to try out EVERY said project that catches my eye and buys yarn accordingly.
Its a bitter dilemma . . . but fortunately a scrap hexagon afghan project has recently caught my eye. So if I manage to reign in my flightiness just a tad I should be able to take care of at least a few of the partial skeins in my stash. Should be . . .

Listening:  Goldrush - "Every One Of Us"

No comments: