Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My First Wristlet

Remember how I learned to make lined pouches and heard violins because I'd now be able to make all sorts of purses? Well, here goes the first one! I made this wristlet last night from a vintage pillowcase from goodwill, scrap fabric from Joann, vintage piping from a flea market and one of my vintage buttons.
The Wrights packaging that the piping came in was a real treat to open. On the inside was a note saying that if your child sews, you're welcome to send three trim wrappers back to Wrights in exchange for a parcel of trim scraps suitable for doll's clothes. What a precious idea!
This was my first attempt at using piping and since edging is a pretty difficult technique (especially without a pattern!) I was pretty pleased with how it came out. I made a bit of a mistake in one corner but I was able to fix it by hand sewing. Of course, I learned a bunch of things from this attempt that I'll be able to implement next time.
I used a bunch of interfacing which I really feel made the finished purse look so much more professional. This was also my first time using the Mixtape labels I made using satin ribbon and iron on transfers!
Overall, I'm pleased with how my wristlet came out! With a bit more practice I think I'll be ready to list these in my Etsy shop soon!

Listening:  The Electric Soft Parade- "Cold World" ALBUM OUT TODAY!!!

1 comment:

Lesalicious/Lost Journe said...

Hey there seen your post on Crafters and wanted to drop and leave you a comment great wristlet cute. Stop by my blog anytime.